Monday, October 3, 2016

MY 5.00 rolling metal filing cabinet gets a new name as kitchen island....

Welcome nice of you to stop in.  I had shared the story of this rolling metal cart way back when this is the link if you care to take a peek    http://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-cutest-addition-to-my-kitchen-my.html   It was just a 5.00 fun piece that I picked up at the church thrift store, little did I know that it would become one of my favorite and useful pieces. I just needed a little something kind of island so I pulled it from the bathroom where it was the keeper of towels and brought it back to the kitchen for some cooking and storage fun!.   I gave it a total new look one with some fun ! 



First I gave it some paint and I love red so I just did the bottom shelf red as well as the rooster stencil.


 
I bet you cant figure out what I used for the top? A couple of months ago I found this sheet pan I had wanted one for a long time but when I got home and tried it in the oven it was too big to fit. So The shhet pan serves as a top for my little island. It works great because you can put hot pans right from the oven on it. The best part is the height is perfect for me. I am under five feet.



 The top has plenty of room enough for a cutting board a big bowl etc.




 The other plus is that It has wheels so I can put deserts and coffee on it and roll it right in the dining room!


 Wait theres more the top liftsup so it has great storage or even a place to put cookies , pies and cakes so that they don't get eaten until I say. Extra baking stuff can also be stored as well.
 My 2 huge stainless steel bowls have a new home too. I have only had it up since Sunday night and have already utilized it. 




Thanks so much for taking a peek on in today!  Come back again I have something very unexpected to share with !                                                 Lisa


Please join me where I share my projects and have some fun gathering some wonderful inspiration!
http://www.dwellings-theheartofyourhome.com/2016/10/amaze-me-monday-183.html

http://www.stonegableblog.com/the-scoop-243/

Sadie Seasongoods

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great information regarding Small Filing Cabinet Officeworks . I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read .

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...