Monday, September 12, 2016

An old plain closet door, an old tool box make a pretty barn door

Hi there, so happy you could stop in today!  I want to share with you today a door that was layed to rest brought back to life with a lick of paint! I am so loving the vintage doors I see about online. But here I never run across any old vintage doors so I painted this one up and dressed him for Fall.

 The first step was to give the door a brown coat of paint.

 Then a vanilla color of paint taking care not to get ahead of myself I did about 2 ft at a time, and I took a yard stick and drew lines using the opposite end of a paintbrush so what you see is the brown paint on each line.
Which makes it look like this.

 I also dry brushed a trim and made also painted the barn look crossed pieces of trim

 I had an old small toolbox I added to the front and filled it with these small primitive little pumpkins  that I crafted from some old tin cans.


I just brushed them with a very light orange and added some darkness

I let some rust come through....these poor cans have been out in the rain for days
I crafted a Fall wreath
 I had a metal hanging piece that I used for the wreath

 
 

And to finish it off I crafted a sign to complete it!  It sits againt the glass doors in my dining room and has quickly became a favorite.  Be sure to save your old doors even if they are totally ugly and also you tin cans , they are becoming a favorite to craft with! 
Hope I have inspired you to give a lick of paint to a poor old door sitting in your garage!
 
Thanks so much for stopping in
Lisa





 
 
 
come and join where I share my craft...
Creative K Kids 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...