Monday, January 18, 2016

PINE BOARDS MADE INTO A VINTAGE FARM INSPIRED BARN WINDOW

Hi there.......gotta say it is cold out side, just came in and it is in the 40's ......autttttt, no laughing okay know what your thinking I should not complain cause where you are its perhaps 10 or 20 degrees and your yard has a blanket of snow right? Hey I'm a Northern girl and I know freezing temps only too well . Before I came to Florida I lived in Vermont....now that's some cold weather. I do love cold weather though its just inconvenient . I just put in Petunias in my front garden . I will cover them with a special stash of old sheets that I use every winter to cover the plants.   
 Anyway I had some planks of pine scrap sitting idle so I thought I would make a faux vintage inspired barn window. I split the pieces and constructed a window .
 I used chicken wire for the back.
 With an uncut plank I added a shelf
I bought the rooster wood carving from Goodwill , it was a gold color. My first intention was to paint it black but after I tried the deep red I decided to keep it.


I painted it to look like it was old and lots of paint chipping off. I added some Valentine décor.







Of course I had to add white lights.
 

So glad to share my latest craft with you. Have you some wood just sitting there? why not make a little something and have some fun!
Happy crafting!   Lisa


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...