Tuesday, September 22, 2015

THIS OLD GIRL LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH TO STILL WORK THE FARM!

Hi there so happy you could join me here at Sweet Tea N' Salty Air today! Hope you are enjoying the start of Fall. Just the word Fall puts Apples, leaves, pumpkins and rosy cheeks in my thoughts. I have been switching things around to prepare for the very busy holidays that will soon be upon us. I have been creating more work spaces for baking and cooking prep etc. So as I have done in the past turned the dining room into a "butlers type pantry and adding the dining table to the end of a very large living area. By doing that I have added 2 more prep areas that they could also double as added eating areas as well. I host Thanksgiving, Christmas, cookie parties etc. for quite a bit of friends and family. In the butlers pantry I added a very old friend , you may have seen her before in a past post.....
The last time you may have seen this old girl she was a light ginger color with a bird stencil.

Now she is bold with her faux wooden farmhouse look that I achieved using a wood rocker and a dark paint top coat.
 

This old girl has worked the farm field most of her life, she was always there rain or sun waiting for the woman in the family to come and pinch the ends of the stringbeans off. That is how she got her nick name "Stringbean table".
 

I gave her a very light coat of vanilla cream and let all her imperfections show as if she were doing a star!
This old table is a great place for food prep cookie frosting etc....
 
She has been paired up with a brown bench
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping in today, bye until next time!
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...