Sunday, April 19, 2015

A LITTLE NAUTICAL LIFE FOR AN OLD LAMP/ FRESH COAT OF PAINT FOR THE SIDE TABLE

Hi there....welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air. Hope your are enjoying a little spring! I know it may seem like we have spring all year through but that's not true at all we have coldness and now Spring. I will share in apost a little later about how we do Spring.

I have been searching for a lamp that would fit with the seaside theme and have had no luck so........I pulled out an old lamp and gave it a seaside makeover.



The side table was too dark
A coat of fresh chalk paint to match the lamp was just what it needed

 Lamps are very easy to makeover, with this I painted the base a dark brown , then painted an anchor on the front ,did some distressing to make it look old and loosely added a knotted rope. With the shade I used blue painters tape to make the stripes.



Have any lamps that need a makeover ? Its easy and fun and no matter what you do it will be much better than when it was sitting on the shelf.












 
 
Thank you for stopping by!

My Show and Share Party homework

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...