Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A VINTAGE CHOCOLATE CREAM CAKE RECIPE , ONE YOU WILL LOVE !

Hi friends welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air! Nice of you to stop by, today I have decided to share a chocolate  cream cake recipe that I have been making for years. Every holiday this cake recipe is made in the form of cupcakes, sheet cake, Bundt cake , you name it, it is wonderful any way you make it! It's like a private party for your sweet tooth that never makes it home until the AM lol! The clincher is that it is so easy to make, I promise. Yesterday we celebrated with the traditional corn beef dinner and for desert ......you guessed it a chocolate cream cake, delicious!
This is so delicious it can be a wedding cake! Moist too! 
Pour yourself a little cold milk and enjoy!  I bought a set of these cute vintage glasses that have a rim of sterling silver kind of wearing off but I still love them , they hold just enough of milk.
For this bundt cake I baked it for about 30 min. but every oven is different. Be sure to check it after about 25 minutes. Never overbake it as soon as it is solid to the touch remove it and cool.
I used my kitchen aide mixer but any mixer will be fine. So here it is, time to share I have been keeping it a secret for years.

The great thing about this recipe is you can throw all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix all at once,

You will need:
1/2 CUP OF BUTTER OR MARGERINE

4 OUNCES OF SOFTENED CREAM CHEESE

2 CUPSOF SUGAR

2 EGGS

2 TEASPOONS VANILLA EXTRACT

2 CUPS FLOUR

3/4 CUPS OF UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER

1 1/2 TEASPOONS OF BAKING SODA

1/2 TEASPOON SALT

1 CUP OF BOILING WATER

So mix all these ingredients really well , coat your pan well with some margarine and a little shake of flour. I must warn you though once you serve this up to your family and friends you will be requested to make this cake all the time. You can use your favorite frosting recipe I don't have a recipe per say , I just add it up from my head. For this Bundt cake I used a glaze that I made from about 1 cup of confectioners sugar about a teaspoon of vanilla, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 & 1/2, (food color if you wish) and a good whipping up.

I so hope you enjoy my secret recipe! Have fun baking and remember do not over bake !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...