Monday, February 2, 2015

NEED A LITTLE COLOR TO TAME YOUR WINTER BLUES? TRY CRAFTING A PRETTY WREATH

Hi there......come on in! So glad you stopped in. Winter is really putting the kabbash on many of you. Why not craft a pretty colorful wreath or two to turn your winter blues into spring thoughts! One thing is I sure am glad I can knock out a huge rooms paint job in about 5 hours cause you know me I tire of things quick and that dark living room color just was not working with me anymore so here is the new color
It is Khaki so it will go with everything well. Im loving the brightness of it so happy to rid of the dark walls.
To celebrate I took out my wreath supplies and crafted a little something something for the wall.
I hung the wreath on an old wooden window frame that has a small shelf attached so I placed some colorful glass on it.
 
 

 
Just some sunflowers an old birdhouse and some pretty material.
 
Then I thought that the outside door could use some color so I crafted this
I made this little birdhouse out of a scrap of wood and the cute bird is from $1 Tree. I picked up most of my flowers at Michaels Crafts.
 
I didn't stop there I wanted to fill this faux copper tub up with some décor so I used some ivy leaves I had on hand along with some sunflowers and a pretty dish and some other vintage odds n' ends.

 

 
Arrangements are lovely with flowers and treasured collectables it adds so much interest.
I picked up these cute little sconces for the fireplace at a local thrift store.
Bye bye dark walls!
 
So why not craft you up some spring wreaths for your house? Its easy just get a color scheme and 2 or 3 different size flowers , a wreath of your choice some ribbon or material and have some fun! oh so you  say your not handy like that? Michaels Craft store has some very lovely wreaths for sale. Thanks so much for visiting, stay warm and safe !
 
Come along and join the party! 
 
Katherines Corner 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...