Friday, November 7, 2014

A SIGN FROM AN OLD PIECE OF RUSTY TIN AND AN OLD WOODEN FRAME

Hi welcome, I'll pour you a cold glass of milk and serve you some yummy chocolate white chip cookies and you won't have to pay the nickel! Cookies are a favorite here at Sweet Tea N' Salty Air. So I thought I would make a cookie sign out of an old rusty piece of tin that I had stashed along with an old wooden frame that would go with my Farmhouse style kitchen.


After attaching the tin to the frame I used a platter to get the right shape I was looking for. I had to trim the tin to fit in the frame so I made a tin bow for the sign. I never knew how easy it was to cut tin, I used a pair of regular scissors.
 Of course after everyone seen the sign they just had to have some cookies and this gang here does not like store bought so I made some yummy chocolate/white chip cookies.
 When working with tin such as the bow here be careful it is very sharp and I have the cut to prove it.



I wanted to paint this sign with vintage style in mind and also something that would not only be for Christmas.
 







 
Got some old stuff around you can make a sign from , give it a try.......mine is not perfect, heke if I want perfect I 'll buy a sign from Target ! Homemade is always better. Thank you so much sweet readers for letting me share my Cookie sign with you! Have a wonderful weekend

You can find me at any of the following linky parties! Funky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...