Friday, October 24, 2014

IT'S LOVELY WEATHER FOR A SLED RIDE TOGETHER WITH YOU!

Welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty air, I guess you can see I have Christmas on my mind...... Well come on hop on the sled.........As I mentioned in a previous post  we are gutting the guest bathroom and that means  some scrap wood for me, well at least I hope it was a piece of scrap wood. Well it all started like this I was thumbing through my favorite Country Door catalogue and I saw these set of 2 sleds for decorating so I called Mr. S in and had to show him ......now when I call him in that usually means I need his approval not really for making the purchase. Well I sat and thought about it for a while and actually I want everything Christmas in the book so seeing that I could take some scrap wood I have paints my own jigsaw I thought I would give my sled making a whirl. I studied  vintage sleds for a while on the internet. And this would be the perfect opportunity to use some metal scrolled pieces I had been saving from a wall shelf that I took apart.
 3/4 inch plywood
I used sheets of newspaper for a pattern so all would be even.
Here he is  straight from the vintage SNO Sled co. wink wink! 



After cutting out my 2 pieces of wood I gave them a total black lick of paint. Then using a paint scraper I made the wood panel lines. Don't have many Christmas things so I used some potato flakes for some snow!

 Next I gave it a wash of red paint wiping a bit with a cloth. Then I made a Co sign.
 Lots of sanding...........




The best part is I can totally deck this sled out for Christmas with greenery etc. And now I can get back to the catalogue and buy some things that I totally can't craft! I will share this sled closer to Christmas after I deck him out with some greenery that he deserves! Thank you so much for stopping in , have a great weekend friends!

Come and join me at these fabulous linky parties!  125x125

The Best Blog Recipes      Shabbilicious-Friday Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...