Friday, February 28, 2014

IF THERE EVER WAS A "RUST BUCKET", THIS WAS IT! A FILING CABINET SAVED WITH SOME PAINT TREATMENTS

Hi there and welcome to Sweet tea N' Salty Air! I sure had my work cut out for me yesterday. I rescued this very rusty filing cabinet and had to do allot of sanding. I guess I would be the only one crazy enough to deal with this item. What I liked about this piece is that it is super lightweight and the interior of the drawers were in A-1 condition!  I used Olympic One from Lowes, paint and primer in one. After sanding I treated it with Rust Lock.


OOOOCH!!!! 




The entire piece was painted with a very light grey, once dried I used a wood grain rocker. The process was painting the entire front, I used white, then take the rocker and just glide it from top to bottom. You must work quickly before the paint dries. I did just the fronts of the drawers to give it some look of texture.









I came across these cute little chalk labels sold at Pottery Barn. They serve a purpose are cute as well!
I numbered the drawers and now it's ready to use! I never underestimate the power of paint and the proof is right here with this former "Rust Bucket".



Thank you so much for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. I love these kinds of great post...so simple and such impact. Looks like a totally different piece now. Hope you have a great upcoming week. Thank you
    Office filing cabinet

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...