Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FROM OLD TO BLUE! AN EASY LIVING ROOM MAKEOVER

Hi there, so happy you could stop by! I had my sewing machine hard at work once again . Saturday's thrift adventure scored some beautiful new pieces of material and lucky for me they coordinated together so I used one for the curtain and one for some pillow "covers". By covers I mean I really didn't want to discard my present pillows so I merely made covers that tie pretty with cording so when I tire of them I can just toss and wash and store away or reuse. Just straight line sewing is all it is so even if your a beginner at sewing this is a super easy project.



I kept the khaki pillows as is seeing that is my send color in the room.
I always have a full curtain on this window it looks out to my neighbors side who is a diver and we see boats but its not pretty , they are not in the water if you know what I mean.


 I used black wrought iron curtain hooks to hang the curtain. Country Door has a similar panel in their new spring catalogue. Also pulled in some plates with blue to hang alongside the shutter.






I love this wire basket I also bought this glass teapot which has legs along with these 2 pottery barn cups. Just for some whimsy I tied them with cording onto the rim of the basket.









Just tie ! I sewed three ties on each side.


I shopped the  china cabinets and closets for all things blue and decked out all the shelves and mantle with different hues of blue.








Blue pottery bowls and caramel colored glass ware.





Blue adapts well with copper as well ,especially with "Girlee" sitting in it.








What would you say If I told you by shopping at Good Will , and keep in mind these two pieces of material were both brand new, the large print is very expensive retail about 35 yard. I got both pieces for 8.00 so with a little sewing and shopping the house my living room has a whole new look.







While I had my sewing machine out we decided that "elena" Natalie's bear could use a new dress so with some scraps I sewed her a cute spring dress with a pocket and a hair bow to match!




Thank you so much for stopping in today, I really appreciate it! My readers are the best!  


I am sharing with the following fun parties,   http://notjustahousewife.net/2014/02/show-me-what-ya




















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...