Thursday, February 13, 2014

A CRAFTED DECORATIVE OUTDOOR FLAG

Welcome, We have had a huge storm so I spent most of the morning picking up palm debris. Many lost power ,we were lucky to still have ours.


I had been looking for a pretty outdoor flag and have not found one that I really like so I decided to sew my own. I used the old one as a pattern so to speak so that I could get the size perfect. I took out all my scraps of material and some cording, my glue guns, and of course my worthy sewing machine, I have had it for 13 years it was a gift when my youngest boy was born. But....I have a brand new sewing machine just waiting to get out of the box...soon. 


The first step was to prepare the base, I then cut out the petals, leaves and center. I first hot glued everything just a bit to keep it in place then I sewed everything down.




The base is a very stiff fabric so it would be better out in the partial elements. When I say partial I mean it is not all the way out in the open.





The petals were cut out all the same size, I crinkled them a bit in the middle, the center is a scrap of heavy material that I fringed around the edges.  The best part is you can make your own design what ever it may be, it was fun crafting this flag not really knowing what the finished product would look like. Hope you'll give it a try and have fun with it!  Thanks so much for letting me share my crafted flag with you.... bye for now friends!
I will be sharing at the following fun linky parties!
2013 Shab Friday logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...