Thursday, January 30, 2014

AN EMPTY GAIN DETERGENT BOX CAN BE A VERY BEAUTIFUL THING!

I there , thanks for visiting Sweet Tea N' Salty Air. The weather here is cold and damp and rainy... well I guess it's southern New England Weather.  I recently went to Michael's Craft store, my favorite place to get lost in. I happened to see these very cute cardboard boxes. Nicely decorated but the prices were very high just for a cardboard item. I had been saving the huge Gain detergent boxes thinking that I could use them for a craft and that exactly what I did. This pretty Michaels inspired box will hold little Natalies special trinkets as she grows up .





 






This craft was super easy to do. You will need the following items... paper ,I used a vintage encyclopedia, white glue, a little brown craft paint for the aging  buttons bows and flowers of your choice.


I mixed up some white glue and water about 1/2- 1/2  and added a little bit of brown paint to it, I painted this mixture on the sheet and then fixed on the box covering the entire box making sure all is covered well.  Now let dry for about 6 hours or so until the pages have hardened up. Presto! now just decorate with what ever you have in your craft stash. I added  button and cording for closing. For the handle I just tied on some strips of craft material. Easy as pie and suitable for gift giving! The inside box can be lined with Newspaper or material. I plan on making some up for gift giving, So what ever you do don't throw your detergent boxes away with a little work and imagination you can craft these pretty and useful decorative boxes. This box works well with it's built in handle. Hope I have inspired you not to throw away your empty boxes. Thanks for letting me share my craft , happy crafting!

2 comments:

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...