Monday, January 20, 2014

A LITTLE RED VINTAGE SHELF AND A RAG CURTAIN TO FILL ANOTHER EYE SORE!

Hi, so happy you came by, hope your Sunday is peaceful at what ever your doing. I tackled another kitchen eyesore today. There was a place in the kitchen that had an opening for a dishwasher we did not put one there instead I came across a cabinet with a bow front great for canned goods that fit there almost perfectly except for the 8 or so inches on the top I had baskets there but I tired of the look. I thought about a tension rod and a little curtain that I would make. But I decided that I would try a little rag curtain. So I gathered some small pieces of material scraps and tried it out. What do you think?......It certainly is shabby, this is the area that I usually stash pie plates or a bigger item from the grocers.



I used some red and cream checked, black checked  and some lace. just tied it on some heavy cording so its not permanent.







I didn't have to search far for this little half shelf it was dark green and really chippy so I gave it a red coat and sanded it well. The old candle stick I left as I found it. It already has that beautiful chippy look as is. So I managed to cover up a little open area and fill a little end wall with a little something.

Thanks so much for stopping by !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...