Friday, November 22, 2013

A MINI FIREPLACE CRAFTED FROM EXTRA WOOD FLOORING AND SCRAPS OF WOOD

Hi there happy you stopped by, I have been doing a lot of tinkering in my dining room so my imagination went a little wild today. My living room has a fireplace but I got to thinking we spend so much time in the dining room we need one there too. I pondered with the idea of ordering one from my favorite country catalogue then I got to thinking I could make one. So I got my happy self out to the back shed and went through scraps of wood and flooring. Gathered everything and went to my dining room and this is what I came up with....








So after a lot of hammering  and staining  adding a goodwill shelf I bought some time ago I am done.
I just had made the 'Give Thanks" banner so I also added that. I used a cranberry colored paint that I watered down and added some sealer right in with it. Once it was dry I added some good old vintage ageing with some gingerbread colored paint, I use a brush that came with a hair lightening kit, it works so well . I had a cute little wooden stool I bought many a moons ago so I put it up in front with a candle on it. I may change the lighting if I figure something else out. The black fire box is a couple of cabinet doors that I had saved.

This is how it looked when I first started , not to hopeful my son said. My neighbors hear banging again and must be wondering what the heke is she up to now? 

With some imagination and some wood , paint . hammer nails your imagination has no limit. Thanks so much for stopping by today to see my new "Fireplace". You can find me at any of these parties!
http://www.commonground-do.com/2013/11/be-inspired-165.h

 Funky Junk Interiors' Party Junk LInk Party button DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...