Monday, September 2, 2013

A change in color for a vintage shelf

Hope you are all enjoying your Labor Day Holiday! I am always looking to change something up around here. If you remember my "henhouse " shelf that I shared a while back. It was green , well I have moved my henhouse to a new location and took back my vintage shelf. I decided to place it a top of the vintage table in my kitchen . I choose red. I completely painted the shelf a deep red and added some dark stain to age the red.
I decorated the shelf  some vintage glassware and an old cookie cutter dangles from the shelf.
 

My dads shelf from his tool box is leaned up to the wall to hold some small depression glass.
A wooden apple garland that I purchased at a craft fair lends an autumn feel.
I do not like the top of the shelf where there is a circle cut out so I put this little vintage mold there and it fit just right!

This little ceramic pumpkin was made my gram about 60 years ago she used to teach ceramics in her own shop. So are you doing any fall decorating yet? I have been doing a little blog hopping and see that Autumn is so in the air! Thank you so much for stopping by Sweet Tea N' Salty Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...