Friday, July 12, 2013

Are you washing dishes from a window with no view? Turn it into a whimsical window

It's Friday...yaaaa. Looking at the tropical storm Chantel and hoping she don't come our way. Do any of you have a window with out a view? I sure do when you look out my over the sink window you see the ceiling part of the porch and if I look really good I can spy my pineapple plant slowly growing.
 
I have made the whole window a special little place that includes a homemade curtain out of a vintage tablecloth , a swag that includes white lights for a little whimsy and some special pieces of glass wear, a shelf. I use little pieces of cut up rubber shelf liner under the dishes so they don't slip off of the window. I decorate the window and shelf for all the holidays and seasons as well. If you wash as many dishes as I do you need a little something to look at! I had some of the vintage cherry tablecloth leftover so I framed up a little sign with it. Hope this inspires you to put a little beauty into one of your dull viewed windows. Have a great weekend!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! No words. You always go one step beyond.

    There is so much great, useful information here. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Read our guide if you wish.
    bestfarmhousesink blog

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...