Thursday, June 20, 2013

Let Me Tell You About The Newest Fish To Hit The Market SWAI including a out of this world recipe

How is everyone today? I'm still grueling along in this sweltering heat and humidity can't complain though. I think the latest talk I'm hearing is ...eat more fish, vegetables and fruit. So I saw this fish in the market it is called SWAI. It is from Asia and fairly new to us. So the price was right about 3.99 a pound. I serve up a big meal every evening for my family and for which ever friends happen to be here at dinner. I'm not a big fan of frying so I came up with this delicious recipe guaranteed to please. Swai is about 90 calories per serving. It comes flash frozen and the pieces are individually packaged. The fish is a white meat sweet tasting fish. The recipe I am about to reveal is "company" quality. The first time I made it as an experiment just for my family ,the next time I invited company and everyone asked for seconds. As a former B&B manager I am quite fussy about foods and such.

  1. The following is a list of supplies you will need :
Swai plan on at least 2 pcs per person
  1. Lemons(Lots and fresh)
  2. A few Vidalia sweet onions
  3. Green onions
  4. Butter (a couple of sticks)
  5. Salt and freshly ground pepper
  6. an oblong baking dish
First step is to slice onions and lemons and butter . This is a layering recipe.
first layer sliced onions then top with lemon slices sprinkle with salt and pepper and then top with cut slabs of butter. Now it's time to place a layer of fish on top of that than just repeat with this recipe more is better.The fish should be in the middle with onions , butter and lemons on the top. Bake covered for about 20 min. at 350 degrees then take cover off and bake about 30 or so more min. when fish is done it will appear very white and flakey, if you like dill you could also incorporate that as well but I would not over spice this dish. Rice is the best choice for a side along with a fresh salad. The best way to cook rice is always 2 cups of water to one cup of rice, just put in  covered casserole and cook along side your fish, couldn't be any easier!  It's really great because the fish kind of makes a sauce that we put right over the rice simply delious. To make it extra special I scoop the rice with an ice cream scooper and the top it with a knotted piece of green onion. Well good luck and I hope you will try this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...