Wednesday, September 26, 2012

THIS IS WHERE ALL THE MAGIC TAKES PLACE, ONE OF MY FAVORITE MARRIAGES OF FURNITURE THAT I OWN

This is where I turn out all the delicious fall treasures such as pumpkin breads, sweet doe for Cinnamon rolls and lots more. This is the vault of my kitchen and I'll tell you why.....the top of the cabinet has doors that hold all my baked goods safe if you know what I mean. Too many people in my family can't wait to sample the goods so I must keep them safe until I put them out for consumption . For those who do not know what a FURNITURE  MARRIAGE is it's when you can take many different pieces of furniture and put them together such as this:

The very bottom is a long flat topped cabinet with storage. The next piece is an old coffee table that fits right over the bottom piece. Then I added a corian counter top (that was given to me), the very top piece is an old medicine type cabinet. So when I "married" all the pieces together I got a functional place for a baking station. It holds all my baking gadgets, measuring spoon and cup etc...

I have it decorated for fall with a raffia wreath, fall leaves, apple this and that's. If you notice the bluish green apple dishes, these where my great grandmothers. I keep them held up with a vintage tool box tray placed up right. My Italian jars that hold flour, sugar etc. My Connecticut cooks book ,one of my favorites. An apple pie pie plate one of my latest thrift finds.

Take a look around at your furnishings, maybe you have something that you can pair together and be more functional, and always never throw anything away you never really know when you'll need it. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...