Saturday, September 29, 2012

IT'S TIME TO DECORATE YOUR FALL MANTEL, or SHELF .

Happy Saturday to all! We are excited to view the new Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles this Saturday morning. Last night we watched the half hour preview. My son assisted me in the kitchen making some brownies for the occasion. We even stenciled TMNT with powdered sugar on the top. Kids ya gotta love um!


Trying out the antique setting!

Sooo I've gone shopping around my house, and storage sheds. We have no basements in the deep south. (I do this often) And I found some very cool autumn treasures to deck my fireplace mantel with.

I have taken out my precious birdhouse that was given to me by late mom. It has a real bark roof and a front porch what happy bird wouldn't want to live there? My thrift store rooster I picked up at good will for a mere .99. If your a goodwill shopper you know about the color code sale, which means every week they feature a different color, if your items happen to be tagged the color for the week you get 50% off of the item. Now that's a great deal! I took some very old encyclopedias to add height. I took a scrap of burlap and wrapped some fall flowers up with some raffia for an extra autumn touch. And the greatest of all is my newest find, this wooden vintage pumpkin that I purchased at ...yep you guessed the thrift store. This is one of the most unique items that I have come across, it has a built on tin back that holds a small light so the eyes and nose ,mouth light up. Right now it does not work but by Halloween it will! I paid 1.99 for it. It has to be at least 20-30 years old. The acorns box I bought at a near country store as a Set of 3, they are cedar lined for storing. I have leaned some  carnival glass dishes up against the mirror for some added color. A little sprinkle of fall leaves and my stoneware candle sticks and there you have it. If in fact you don't have a mantel you can use a shelf or counter or what ever you want to show off some autumn decor. So go shopping, start in your house ,look for hues of reds, gold, browns and have fun decorating. If you need some decor visit your local thrift stores they have an abundance of decorating items. Just have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...