Tuesday, September 25, 2012

EASY PLEASIN APPLE HAND PIES< YUMMY!


Don't be fooled my blogger friends where I live we have no apple trees we have oranges, lemons and much more delectable citrus. So I like to think we have like a swap thing going on , you send me your northern fruit and we'll send you the southern fruit. Let's face it when the southern citrus is ripe around November/December you know you can't resist buying that delectable loo.king orange or tangerine at your grocer. Just like now I'm buying those shiny northern apples to incorporate into my delicious recipes. The following  apple idea is so simple . My sweet aunt popped over on Sunday , bless her heart and I had her stay for dinner . Shes so sweet she brought me a cute dog statue ,she knows how much I love animals. Anyway for desert I whipped this up in no time at all. You will need one box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust. About 4 Apples , chopped tiny. Peel then chop add about 3/4 cup of sugar, about 11/2 teaspoons of Cinnamon, about 3 tbs. of corn starch, 3tbls of melted butter and as much Cinnamon as you like. Toss all this together. Open up pie shells and cut in half and in half again so you have 4 pieces on each pie shell. Take the apple mixture and place even amounts into the pie section  now pinch doe together and place on buttered baking pan. Once they are all on the pan you should have 8 mini  hand pies. Poke a couple tiny holes on top. Place in 350 degree oven for about 30 min. or until golden brown. Once cooled take about 1 cup of confectioners sugar, 1 tablespoon of soft butter mix well add a tsp. of vanilla and a smidgen of 1/2 and 1/2 mix well you should have a loose kinda glaze. It should not be as thick as cake frosting, if it is just add 1/2 and 1/2 a drop at a time.Now you brush the tops lightly with the mixture, thats why its important to wait till they are cool so the glaze stays on nicely.These little pies are a hit with kids too. They travel well and make a great desert if your on a picnic. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...