Monday, September 24, 2012

Clear glass can be painted

As I bring out all my autumn decorations I just had a few that I really didn't care for like a clear glass pumpkin that has a top. I guess it is suppose to hold candy. RIGHT, not in our house they would have it eaten within an hours time. So I took a whirl at painting him with some vanilla colored craft paint and when it was dried I took some brown craft stain and accentuated the lines.When he was dry I added some strips of burlap. Now I just love this Lil guy! Don't be afraid to paint glass , only paint the outside , there is no need to paint the inside. Soooo, the painter maniac [that's me], is scanning my house to find more glass items to paint. I think you will be happy with the end results of this project! Give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...